The first responsibility of a Social Media Manager is to develop and implement a social media marketing plan. This is an entry-level position with training, and internal promotions.
Social Media Manager
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with company’s overall marketing campaign plan and channels.
- Create and manage an online review funnel for building online reviewsand reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review timely and with care.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
Qualifications (All HIGHLY Preferred, but not required)
- Studying Marketing or Advertising
- Skills: Organized, responsible, good time management, self starter, strong communication both verbal and written
- Social Media knowledge: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat